Spirit Airlines Opens Crew Base in Las Vegas | Business
Spirit Airlines will make a home in Las Vegas starting Tuesday and will mark it with new direct service to the Phoenix area beginning Thursday.
Spirit will open its new crew and maintenance base at McCarran International Airport on Tuesday. The new base will be home to over 200 employees, including pilots, flight attendants and mechanics.
In addition, Spirit is also starting twice-daily, non-stop service between Las Vegas and Mesa, an eastern suburb of Phoenix, on Thursday.
Spirit uses a model where customers pay low base fares, but are charged for everything from carry-on bags ($30-35) to assigned seating ($1-50.)
The airline’s all-Airbus fleet operates more than 175 daily flights to destinations throughout the United States, Latin America and the Caribbean.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police Reveal More Information about Officer-Involved Shooting
- Metro Officer Involved in Monday Shooting Identified
- At Las Vegas Construction Trade Show, Everything’s Bigger
- UPDATE: Coroner ID's Dead Baby Boy, Case Under Investigation
- County Surplus Auction Planned for this Weekend, Preview Starts Wednesday