Allegiant Ends Service Between Las Vegas, Lexington | Business
LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) -- Allegiant Air is ending its short-lived service between Lexington and Las Vegas this spring, but it will continue to service flights between the Blue Grass Airport and Florida.
Airline spokeswoman Jessica Wheeler told The Lexington Herald-Leader that they were using twin-engine Boeing 757 planes for the Lexington-to-Vegas flights, but Allegiant wants those aircraft for service to Hawaii.
The company began service between Lexington and Las Vegas in November and the service will end on April 7. Customers with reservations beyond that date will be contacted by Allegiant for a full refund.
Allegiant also recently announced it will end service between Redmond/Bend, Ore. and Las Vegas in April.
The company will continue its flights from Lexington to Fort Lauderdale, Fort Meyers, Orlando and Tampa.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police Reveal More Information about Officer-Involved Shooting
- Metro Officer Involved in Monday Shooting Identified
- At Las Vegas Construction Trade Show, Everything’s Bigger
- UPDATE: Coroner ID's Dead Baby Boy, Case Under Investigation
- County Surplus Auction Planned for this Weekend, Preview Starts Wednesday