Our network

I-Team: Topless club lawyers in court again to try to reopen club | News

Title (Max 100 Characters)

I-Team: Topless club lawyers in court again to try to reopen club

LAS VEGAS --  Lawyers for Club Paradise were back in court Wednesday, asking a judge to force Metro Police to turn over documents and videos that can help the club re-open.

The I-Team has been following the legal battle between police and the topless lounge, which started after at least one patron alleged he was drugged and had bogus charges added to his credit card.

The club was closed down in early June after Metro Police served search warrants looking for evidence of alleged credit card fraud by some of the entertainers or employees.

On Wednesday, transactions from one of the alleged victims in the case were introduced by lawyers for the club to help show the judge why records seized by police are needed for the club to dispute allegations of fraud.

The documents showed charges from a man named Jeff Yeagley, who was named as a victim in the search warrant.

Yeagley told the I-Team he had been drugged and had no memory of what happened for five hours in the club, when tens of thousands of dollars were charged to his credit cards.

Documents shown to the judge by the club appear to have Yeagley's signature and thumbprint on them and state that the person signing is not impaired or under duress.

These records were made months before the raid, but the club's lawyer says records seized by Metro are needed to prove the validity of more recent charges. He says the club is trying to work with police.

“The same thing that you have for Yeagly here, we have for other people named in the warrant. So that we could show that they signed it, so we could show that the video, okay, in I think all but one of them. But we've never been asked. We're trying to break into Metro,” Club Paradise lawyer Dominic Gentile said.

Essentially the club says it can't show transactions that are supposedly fraud are actually valid without the records Metro took during the search that means the club could lose hundreds of thousands of dollars from credit card companies that refuse to honor those transactions.

The police investigation continues and the judge ordered both sides to work together to resolve the remaining issues that have so far kept the club closed.