Mayors Bet on Heart of Dallas Bowl Game | Sports & Recreation
Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman is showing her support for the UNLV Rebels Football team by betting on the team in the upcoming Heart of Dallas Bowl game.
Goodman has arraigned a bet with Denton, Texas Mayor Mark Burroughs. Denton is home to the North Texas Mean Green, which will face the Rebels New Year's Day.
It is the first bowl game for the Rebels in 13 years.
According to the city, the mayors have agreed that the loser of the bet must wear the winner's team shirt to an council meeting and pay $100 to the winning school's athletic department.
The game is even more interesting because former UNLV president Neal Smatresk recently became the president of North Texas.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police Reveal More Information about Officer-Involved Shooting
- Metro Officer Involved in Monday Shooting Identified
- At Las Vegas Construction Trade Show, Everything’s Bigger
- UPDATE: Coroner ID's Dead Baby Boy, Case Under Investigation
- County Surplus Auction Planned for this Weekend, Preview Starts Wednesday