Pitch Perfect: Stadium Transforms for Soccer Game | Sports
The process to turn Sam Boyd Stadium into a perfect soccer pitch started Thursday.
The stadium will host a game between two of the most popular teams in Mexico: Chivas de Guadalajara and Club America El Super Clasico. The game is scheduled for July 3.
"Club America is the champion, who just won the championship from the Mexican Soccer League within the last two weeks. Chivas is the pride of Mexico, so you have the two top teams from Mexico with soccer for the first time a historic event here in Las Vegas," Tim Luce, the director of Latin Sports at Sam Boyd Stadium, said.
In the past, the game has been played in San Francisco. This is the first time that the game will be played in Las Vegas and some tickets are already sold out.
Tickets in the $28 to $38 range are already gone.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police Reveal More Information about Officer-Involved Shooting
- Metro Officer Involved in Monday Shooting Identified
- At Las Vegas Construction Trade Show, Everything’s Bigger
- UPDATE: Coroner ID's Dead Baby Boy, Case Under Investigation
- County Surplus Auction Planned for this Weekend, Preview Starts Wednesday